The summer schools are aimed at enthusiastic and committed year 12 students who are considering applying to study either the Classical world or Politics (and their related disciplines) at university and who would like to explore these subjects in greater depth over the course of a week.
Meals and accommodation will be provided free of charge at the College throughout the duration of the summer schools and assistance with travel costs can also be offered.
Students will have the opportunity to:
- take part in a seminar series delivered by tutors from the Faculty of Classics or the Department of Politics and International Relations,
- attend daily language classes in Ancient Greek or daily theory and methodology classes,
- visit museum collections in Oxford,
- receive guidance and advice from undergraduate/academic mentors to help them write a short essay, and
- take part in a 20–30 minute Oxford-style tutorial, during which they will receive feedback on their work.
The summer schools do not require any prior knowledge, but students will be asked to complete some reading beforehand. In addition to the academic work, students will be living, eating, and working in Wadham College alongside current students and will have the opportunity to explore this historic city.
Application deadline: 5pm, Friday 19 May, 2017
The deadline for submission of the application form (by email or post) and a reference (by email or post) is 5pm, Friday 19 May 2017.
Please note that priority will be given to applicants who attend schools/colleges in our access link regions.