Window repair

30th May 2017

News, Student news, Alumni news

Wadham Chapel’s East window has been restored to its former glory following a lightning strike which caused extensive damage after a storm in June 2016.

The window, a masterpiece by Bernard van Linge, dates back to 1622 after it was commissioned by College Founder Dorothy Wadham.

Following extensive repairs by the York Glaziers Trust, mostly carried out in their studio next to York Minster, the eight damaged panels have been restored to near original condition and were returned to their rightful place in the Chapel earlier this month.

The scaffolding has been removed and the Chapel is open to all College members and visitors.

Related news

  • The Bernard van Linge East Window

    The Bernard van Linge East Window