Access to Banking
A free two-year programme run by Wadham College in collaboration with Barclays Corporate & Investment Bank.
Access to Banking is a free, two-year programme for Year 12 students attending a non-selective state school who have an interest in studying at a top university, and pursuing a career in the banking sector.
Each participating student will benefit from:
- 5 online sessions to develop key academic and career skills
- 20 hours of 1-1 online A Level tutoring
- 3-day Easter residential at Wadham College
- Interactive sessions with Barclays Investment Banking colleagues, including two full-day workshops at their Canary Wharf offices
- Personal statement mentoring
- Free technical support (tailored to you)
- be in Year 12 at a non-selective state school
- have been eligible for free school meals in the last 6 years
- and live in one of the following areas: Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Luton, or the London Boroughs of Barking and Dagenham, Bexley, Bromley, Camden, Croydon, Enfield, Greenwich, Hackney, Haringey, Havering, Islington, Lambeth, Lewisham, Newham, Redbridge, Southwark, Tower Hamlets, and Waltham Forest.
Applicants who do not meet the above eligibility criteria will unfortunately not be considered for this programme.
How to Apply
Applications for the 2024 programme have now closed.
Applications were encouraged from students taking a range of A Level subjects, including Humanities and Social Sciences; there are no prior subject or knowledge requirements for this programme.