Think Like a Lawyer
A free two-year programme run by Wadham College in collaboration with Linklaters LLP, the global law firm.
Think Like a Lawyer is a free, two-year programme for Year 12 students attending a non-selective state school who have an interest in studying at a top university, and pursuing a career in the legal sector.
Each participating student will benefit from:
- An academic programme of 8 online sessions designed to develop skills and knowledge relevant to studying Law at the University of Oxford
- 20 hours of 1-1 online A Level tutoring (in a subject of your choice)
- In-person visits to Wadham College, Oxford's Law Faculty, and Linklaters LLP London office
- Developing career awareness sessions with Linklaters
- Personal statement mentoring and university application support (including the LNAT)
- A tutorial with Oxford academics
- Free technical support (tailored to you)
- be in Year 12 at a non-selective state school
- have been eligible for free school meals during secondary school
- and live in one of Balliol, Hertford or Wadham’s link areas of Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Luton, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, Peterborough, Southend-on-Sea, Thurrock or Medway, or the London boroughs of Barking and Dagenham, Camden, Hackney, Havering, Islington, Newham, Redbridge, and Tower Hamlets
Applicants who do not meet the above eligibility criteria will unfortunately not be considered for this programme.
How to Apply
Applications for the 2023-24 programme have now closed.
Students do not need to study A Level Law or have prior knowledge to be able to apply for this programme.